Thomas M'Cord or McCord born abt 1847 in Moneymoore, Londonderry, Ireland.
Thomas McCord married Sarah Matilda Carlise, (born about 1830 in Moneymoore, Londonderry) Sept. 2, 1869 at Desertlyn Church of Ireland in Desertlyn Cookstown. (name: Sarah Matilda Carlisle registration district: Magherafelt event type: MARRIAGES registration quarter and year: 1869 volume number: 11 page number: 843 digital folder number: 4179384)
I have five children for Thomas & Sarah:
1. Thomas John McCord 1871-1880
2. Thomas William McCord born December 17, 1872 in Moneymoore, Londonderry, baptised or christened in Moneymoore. Thomas, emmigrated to the USA and arrived at Ellis Island, NY on Nov. 14, 1893. He sailed from Glasgow, Scotland on the SS Anchoria. He was listed as headed to Wilmington, Delaware.
Thomas married Rebecca Jane Campbell in Wilington, Delaware on June 5, 1903. They both lived in Philadelphia, PA. Rebecca was the daughter of Robert Mark Campbell and Mary Hampton.
Thomas & Rebecca had only two children - Lillian McCord 1904 - 1983 and Thomas William McCord, Jr, born and died in 1906.
Thomas William McCord, Sr died in Philadelphia, PA in 1908 after an accident and infection. Rebecca remarried in 1913 but never had anymore children. Daughter, Lillian did not remember her father or her brother. Lillian married, had 2 daughters, 4 biological grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren all living in the USA. I am one of the grandchildren of Lillian.
3. Lilla Charlotte McCord 1874-1876.
4. Herbert McCord (not verified but a name on an old photo was labeled as Herbert. b1875?
5. Joseph McCord born ant 1880
I have no parents for Thomas McCord or any siblings. I do not know what happened to any of Thomas & Sarah's children other than Thomas William McCord.
I think Sarah Matilda Carlise's father may have been Samuel Carlisle but I have no proof. I have no mother nor siblings for her either. I think Sarah died in March 1899 in Belfast?
I do not know if anyone else came to the USA or if they remained in Ireland.
I was a member of the US Clan McCord but have never found any links to another family.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Ireland Reaching Out
Michael Cusack House
25 Dunkelin Street