KILLESK, a parish, in the barony of SHELBURNE, in the county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 7 miles (S. E.) from New Ross; containing 1009 inhabitants, and 2812 statute acres.
It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and patronage of Lord Templemore, granted in 1702, in augmentation of the impropriate curacies of Dunbrody, St. James, and Rathroe: the tithes amount to ﾣ312 7s 4d., and there is a glebe of about two acres.
The site for the church was well chosen as it has a stream flowing near by and was a wooded area. Killesk or Cill Uisce in Irish means the church near the water. There is also an excellent view here in all directions. The church is surrounded by a low earthen bank, about 1 metre high,and this too was for defending the church.