Place of migration
Migrated to/Born in UK
- Robert Carey, born around 1785 in Clonnamanagh, Westmeath, Ireland near Moate, Westmeath according to his military discharge papers.
- Enlisted in the 42nd Regiment of Foot, 2nd Battalion on 12th May 1805 at Ballinrobe, Westmeath.
- 1805 - Was transferred to the 1st Battalion and sent to Gibraltar.
- 1808 - Regiment in the Corunna Campaign, where he received a head injury.
- 1809 - Regiment in the Walcheren Campaign.
- 1811 - Married Marion Tough in Musselburgh near Edinburgh in Scotland on 9th March 1811. She followed Robert and his regiment across Europe based on the birth places of their children.
- 1812 - Regiment in the Battle of Salamanca.
- 1812 - Regiment in the Siege of Burgos.
- 1813 - Regiment in the Battle of Sorauren.
- 1813 - Regiment in the Battle of Nivelle.
- 1813 - Regiment in the Battle of the Nive.
- 1813 - Regiment in the Battle of Vitoria.
- 1814 - Regiment in the Battle of Orthez.
- 1814 - Regiment in the Battle of Toulouse.
- 1815 - Regiment in Battle of Quatre Bras.
- 1815 - Regiment in Battle of Waterloo.
- 1815 - Regiment in Army Occupation of Paris.
- 1817 - He was discharged from the army on 26th July 1817 due to his injuries received while serving. From the discharge papers he was physically described as having "Fair Hair, Blue Eyes, Fair Complexion".
- After leaving the military, Robert and Marion settled with their family in Musselburgh, Scotland. His death date and place are currently unknown.
Note: Unsure why it has come up that there is a link to Offaly. I've tried to delete it, but it keeps coming back.