Alexandra Schools, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin
The building on the right is Alexandra College founded for the education of girls in 1866. It was the ethos of the school that the education of young women would allow them to enter a variety of positions including social, academic and public affairs.
The school remained in Earlsfort Tce until 1972 and after that time the school community moved to Milltown to a larger campus where new school buildings and residences for boarders could be provided.
Through 150 years of war and peace, boom and bust, challenge and change, Alexandra College has retained a sense of purpose, a sense of community and a social conscience that keeps it as relevant today as it ever was.