The house was built in 1827 on a rectangular plan.
It was built for Maurice Blake, a former High Sheriff of County Mayo.
The house was occupied from 1901 to 1908 when renovations took place.
Extensions took place in 1932 and 1954.
The house was put up for sale in 1976, and again a number of times subsequently.
Ballinafad House is currently unoccupied.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|