Blackadder Hotel Ballynahinch Galway
The hotel was originally known as the Angler's Rest and was owned by John Robertson sometime prior to 1847. It was later rebuilt and renovated by Walter Blackadder who also managed the local fishery. The hotel was a focus for tourists and anglers visiting the Connemara region, 'being beautifully situated for salmon and sea trout fishing'.
At the time, the Galway-Clifden Railway, to be opened it was hoped in 1848, was a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
|Connemara: Listening to the Wind, extract||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|