Blackhead Lighthouse, Co. Antrim


Blackhead Lighthouse, Co. Antrim

Blackhead Lighthouse began operation in 1902. Today, the building can be rented as a place to stay through Ireland's Landmark Trust. The light became automated in 1972 and it was originally designed by William Douglass. The lighthouse was originally painted red but in 1929 was repainted white. 


Commissioners of Irish Lights Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Communities Associated with this Building