For anyone interested in seeing this 'on the flat' the OSI have a great map showing the position of the turret and castle. The gate-house pictured and the turret, actually refer to Mohill Castle, the young resident of which, Sir Hugh Denis Crofton, Bart., J.P., and 5th Baronet died in 1902 aged 24. According to the Irish Times, he was succeeded by his brother George Morgan Crofton.
Lewis refers to the Croftons in his Topographical Dictionary of Ireland in 1837:
The principal seats are Clooncar, the residence of the Rev. A. Crofton; Drumard, of Theophilus B. Jones, Esq.; Drumrahan, of J. O'Brien, Esq.; Drumregan, of J. W. O'Brien, Esq.; Bonnybeg, of W. Lawder, Esq.; and Aughamore, of C. Armstrong, Esq. The scenery is greatly varied and in some parts enlivened by the fiver Shannon, which skirts a portion of the parish on the south-west.
It would seem that in modern times the gate-house is no longer in existence.