Clare Island Lighthouse

KilmeenaMayo

Clare Island Lighthouse

Clare Island Lighthouse stands at the mouth of Clew Bay. It was built under the patronage of John Denis Browne, the 1st Marquess of Sligo, in 1806. The tower had to be rebuilt in 1818 after a fire. 

In recent years, the Lighthouse was refurbished and is now advertised as a guesthouse. 

References

Clare Lighthouse History Ireland VIEW SOURCE

Communities Associated with this Building

Timeline Events Associated with this Building