Teach Chluain Mhalais aka Clonalis House is the ancestral seat of the O'Conor Don - the only Royal Gaelic family left in Ireland, who are still living on part of their lands.
The Census of Elphin records Margaret O'Conor as residing in Clonalis in 1749.
The present Clonalis House was built in the late 1870s replacing an earlier Georgian house, the ruins of which can be seen at Clonalis.
In 1814 Clonalis is recorded as the residence of John Balfe.
In 1857, Charles Owen O'Conor, the O'Conor Don, lived here when the existing house was valued at £35 (Griffith's Valuation).
Click here for information about day visits to Conalis House.
Type of Building:
Some communities associated with this building
Some ancestors associated with this building
Some ancestors associated with these communities
Some buildings associated with these communities
Some timeline events associated with this building