Drumcharley National School was one of seven national schools that operated in Tulla parish in the 19th century. The school was opened on 1885 and it closed in 1970 when all local national schools in the parish of Tulla were amalgamated into the Tulla Convent (for the girls) and the Tulla Boys School (for the boys). The school served the local community living in the townlands of Cragroe, Thome, Uggoon, Glendree, Ayle, Clondanagh as well as families in the surrounding area. The roll books are available transcribed online at the Clare Library.
Further information about the history of the school is available to read at: https://clarechampion.ie/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-at-drumcharley-national-school/
The school is now used as a community centre and hall. It is located beside Drumcharley Church.
For further information on the history of the education system in Tulla, please Joan Kennedy’s M. Ed thesis (2011) entitled “The Development of Primary Education in Tulla, Co. Clare, 1831-1970”.