The Railway Station Building was constructed in 1859. It served the Ulster Railway which had opened a station in Glaslough in 1858.
After the parition of Ireland, the Glaslough Railway Station became the first stop south of the border.
The building is designed in the Gothic style. It contains a seperate waiting room that was solely for the use of the Leslie family of Castle Leslie.
The Railway Station closed on the 14th of October 1957 and as a result the building fell into disuse.
Today the Glaslough Railway Station building remains in a state of disrepair, though the associate signal box has been reconstructed.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|