Constructed following Catholic Emancipation by Rev. Darby Buckley in 1834. It replaced an earlier Mass House which stood in the townland of Ballinacourty. Improved and officially consecrated by the Bishop of Limerick in 1854. The church is in use and well maintained by the local community. Church records are available only since 1853. The earlier register was lost in the 1920's.