Mount Jerome Cemetery (est. 1836) was established as a non-denominational cemetery but became the Protestant graveyard for Dublin in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Glasnevin Cemetery (est. 1832) became the main Catholic graveyard serving the city.
Catholic burials increased from 1922 onwards and today the number of Catholic burials is roughly equal to the number of Protestant burials.
Established during the Victorian era, the monuments in Mount Jerome reflect the success of the middle class from that period.
|Mount Jerome official website||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|