Rothe House is located on Parliament Street in the city of Kilkenny.
The house was built between 1594 and 1610.
It consists of a townhouse complex and garden.
The house was built by a man named John Rothe and it represents the last surviving early post-medieval merchant house in the town.
It has seen a number of uses over the years, including as a school and a Land League House.
Rothe House and the associated gardens have been maintained to an excellent standard and are now open to the public for the purpose of tourism.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage