The townland of Tully (south of Louisburgh) in the parish of Kilgeever was owned (in fee) by Nicholas Garvey (1709-1816) and later James William Garvey (who owned 2,270 acres in county Mayo before his estate was advertised for sale in 1880). Tully was then connected to Patrick O'Dowd (1831-1917), and subsequently Sir Charles Eustace Harman PC (1894-1970).
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Tully Lodge (house and offices) along with its Corn & Tuck Mill and over 310 acres of land was registered in the name of James W. Garvey.
Tully Lodge (built circa 1805 and rated £10) was a fishing lodge. In Griffith's Valuation, only the owner's name is recorded here (any caretaker residing here was not). House 1b was recorded as unoccupied at this time (with Martin Hestion residing at house #2a and Patrick Kittrick at house #3a).
Further south, along the river bend, we find two mills – one for corn and one for tuck – at the bend in the river. These buildings, while appearing to be still extant in the late 19th century, were no longer recorded as "mill" in subsequent map revisions. Some ruins of the Corn Mill (closest to the river) still remain today.
|NIAH Tully Lodge||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|