The Yeats Memorial building was built around 1899. The former Royal Bank of Ireland is now used as an arts centre. The building was designed by Vincent Craig and is located on Lower Knox Street, Rockwood Parade in Sligo town.
The exterior of the building comprises a combination of red brick, sandstone, and roughcast rendering in what is called an "arts and crafts" style.
The building is now home to the Yeats Summer School, the Yeats Reference Library, and the Hyde Bridge Gallery.
|Inventory of Architectural Heritage||Ireland||VIEW SOURCE|
Some communities associated with this building
Some ancestors associated with these communities
Some buildings associated with these communities
Some timeline events associated with this building
Cholera in Sligo
20th Aug 1832
Cholera continues to rage in Sligo
5th Sep 1832