Corpus Christi Church – built 1941

June 1941
Edit

The 1920’s and early 1930’s had seen a huge rise in the development of Drumcondra with almost 400 extra houses built during that time. Just as World War II broke out, the foundation stone for this Cathedral scale church was laid...

Rev. J. Dwyer commissioned a new 'modernised Romanesque' church, to accommodate nearly 1,600 to be built on Griffith Avenue (between Clare Road and Valencia Road) at a cost of IR£70,500.  The foundation stone was laid in Sep or Oct 1939, and the Church of Corpus Christi was dedicated Jun 1941. 

For more, see: BUILDINGS

Communities Associated with this Timeline