Parishes of Estersnow, Kilcolagh & Kilmacumsy in 1824

6th March 1824
Edit

From a report to the Ladies' Committee of Boyle (Roscommon & Leitrim Gazette - Saturday 06 March 1824)

Report of the Ladies' Commiltee for the Parish of Estersnow, Kilcola and Kilmacumsey, in the Barony of Boyle.

COMMITTEE, Mrs. CRAWFORD, Mrs. ROWE, Mrs. IRWIN,  Mrs. J. FRY.

In the Parish of Eastersnow there are 1,976 acres, and 1,543 inhabitants. In Kilcolagh, 1,798 acres, 1,924 inhabitants. In Kilmacumsy, 2,759 acres 2,068 inhabitants.

The amount received for the parishes of Eastersnow and Kilcola from the Barony Committee was, altogether, £12, 9s. 0d, which was appropriated to the manufacturing of Wool, Flax and Tow as set forth in the subjoined account. About thirteen spinners were generally employed.

The amount received for the Parish of Kilmacumsy, (being £5, 18s. 10d.) was committed to Mrs, J, Fry, and from which she made loans to sundry persons in that Parish at a petty interest (not giving more than five shillings to one person) under an engagement to seek for flax, and to purchase aud spin it on their own account. This plan of lending was productive of good and no percuniary loss was sustained by it.