View from top of Nelson's Pillar, Sackville Street, (O'Connell Street) Dublin


Nelson’s Pillar erected

The pillar was erected in 1809 on Sackville Street, now O’Connell Street and once stood where the present-day spire is located. It was over 120 feet in height and commemorated several victories by Horatio Nelson, including the victory at Trafalgar. Some archives footage can be viewed HERE 

Communities Associated with this Timeline