Since 1800, Ballinameen had a small thatch Roman Catholic chapel at the village crossroads. Still extant today, this earliest Ballinameen RC Chapel was recorded by Lewis in 1837.
The Roman Catholic parish of Ballinameen (mapped here) encompassed the civil parishes of Kilcolagh (Ballinameen W-E) Estersnow (Ballinameen N-NE) and Kilmacumsy (Ballinameen SW)
However, take note ... up until the late 1850s, Ballinameen fell under the umbrella of Killucan (aka Croghan RC).
It is only from 1859 that separate records for Ballinameen RC began.
Parish Registers for Ballinameen (1811-1859)