Pearse Museum Rathfarnham
The Pearse Museum and St Enda’s Park was where Patrick Pearse lived and ran his innovative Irish-speaking school, Scoil Éanna, between 1910-16.
‘The Hermitage’ built for Edward Hudson in 1786 was discovered by Patrick Pearse while on a historical pilgrimage of sites associated with Robert Emmet.
Set in nearly fifty acres of beautiful parkland, the museum tells the story of Patrick Pearse and his brother William, both of whom were executed for their part in the 1916 Rising.
There is no charge for entry to the park or museum.
Tours are available on request. There is a maximum of forty people per tour.
Tours last around half an hour. There is access for disabled visitors everywhere except the Halla Mór.
To take an ONLINE TOUR, click here.
The average length of a visit to the park and museum is one to two hours.
The café is open seven days a week.
Photograph © OPW The Pearse Museum
|Address||St. Enda’s Park, Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16, Ireland D16 Y7Y5|
|Phone||+353 1 4934208|
|Category (ies)||Heritage/Culture Place to eat Tourist Attraction|