I am looking for more information about William Corboy's parents Jeremiah Corboy and Honora Donoghue.
William Corboy was
- Born 1838-1840 presumably in Tipperary (NZBDM says age at death was 44 but grave says 42 years)
- Baptised 6 Feb 1839 in Tipperary (baptism record)
- Immigrated to New Zealand in 1866 (newspaper article)
- Married Mary Donovan 31 May 1870 in Onehunga, New Zealand (NZBDM/wedding announcement)
- Died 4 Dec 1882 Kihikihi, New Zealand (obituary/grave)
I am looking for more information about his parents Jeremiah Corboy (connected the dots through his eldest son's obituary Patrick) and Honora Donoghue (identified through Jeremiah's death certificate).
- Born abt. 1812 in Tipperary (death certificate)
- Married Honora Donoghue 21 Feb 1832 when he was 19 in Tipperary (marriage record/death certificate)
- Immigrated to New Zealand abt. 1877 (death certificate says he was in New Zealand 6 years)
- Died 2 Jun 1883 in Kihikihi, New Zealand (death certificate / obituary)
- Parents were William Corboy and Mary Ryan
- Married Jeremiah 21 Feb 1832 in Tipperary (marriage record/Jeremiah's death certificate)
AlannaTuesday 26th Sep 2023, 10:53PM
Message Board Replies
Attached FilesCorboy - William - Baptism 1839.pdf (88.1 KB)
Please see attached baptism record for a William Corboy in Terryglass, North Tipperary 1839.
For location see Lough Derg.
I will check for any further records.
Subscription site www.rootsireland.ie has a record of a marriage ofJeremiah Corby and Honora Donohoe in Terryglass 1832. Witnesses: James Hogan and Lidia Holbert. Parents names not shown.
No record found for the marriage of William Corboy and Mary Ryan, or any siblings for Jeremiah.
Attached Tithe Records for a William Corboy in Ballyscanlan in 1824.
The surnames "Corboy and Corby" are recorded in North Tipperary and a number of marriages for a William Corboy, but none with the spouse as "Mary Ryan".
Thanks for this. I already had the baptism record for William Corboy and marriage record for Jeremiah and Honora but the rest of the information is new to me.
By 1901 and 1911 the Corboy's were in Terryglass in the townlands of Newlawn and Fermount.
Jeremiah or as it says Darby.........died in the workhouse which was also a hospital.
a William passes on in 1884 this must be Jeremiah's brother ...........Newlawn
the is the site link...............Terryglass is listed as Borrisokane.
Welcome to Irish Genealogy - Irish Genealogy