Creating a News or Event article for your community is a superb way to promote local news and attract attention from national and International Diaspora to events happening in the area.
Create a News or Events Item for your Civil Parish
1. Make sure you are logged in using your Ireland XO credentials:
2. Join the Parish you wish to create a new or events article for:
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “Add News” or “Add Event”
4. Create your News or Event article by following the on-screen prompts on the page that opens:
6. You can choose to publish immediately by ticking the “Publish” box or to wait a future date, leave this box unticked.
7. Scroll to the bottom and click “Save”. If you have ticked the “Publish” box, your News or Event article will appear immediately in your Civil Parish.
8. To publish a saved News or Event article at a later date, go to My Account, select from My News or My Events and then choose the article that you wish to open and publish, by ticking the publish box and saving the article.
9. All News and Events articles can be edited at any time, even if they have been previously published, by going to My Account and selecting from My News or My Events.
10. Remember to share your News and Events articles by choosing your preferred social media icon from the article page, and posting it online: