[Dublin Evening Post - Thursday 19 January 1804 ]
HOUSES AND LAND TO BE LET, from the 1st of May next, for such term as may be agreed on: the farm of MEERA (known as JONES’s MEERA) county Roscommon, within one mile of the town of Carrick-on-Shannon, on the Boyle road, containing 30 acres and upwards of very fine land, with excellent farm-house lately repaired and newly roofed, a young orchard which produces good fruit as any in the country.
The large established house and concerns in Carrick, now inhabited Mr. John O'Beirne, merchant. The house is large and roomy; the roof timber fine old oak, which will be engaged perfectly sound; at the rear there is large yard with a well-enclosed extensive garden; a malt-house, with every necessary for the malting business, warehouse, granary, and two stables, with 6 acres choice land at the rear of the garden. This concern is well known and remarkable for being a thriving spot, and the first situation in town for business, that it requires no further comment; the house next to it, now inhabited by Mr. James O'Beirne, Tobacconist, opposite the market-house.
The house lately inhabited by Mrs. Baldwin, on the opposite side, now in the possession of Mr. Michael Ganly.
Also twelve cabins above the barrack, with a garden to each, which is an excellent situation for people in a dealing line, with 2 acres of reclaimed bog. Proposals in writing (post paid) to be made to William Malloy, Esq. Oakport, Elphin; Jeremiah Jones, Sligo, or Jerh. Jones, 44, Dominick-street, Dublin.